Sunday, May 4, 2014

It's coming! The Baby's coming!!!!!

Dear Family, 

For some reason I did not connect that your due date is this week!!!! I knew it was soon but I didn't connect that it was this soon!! I can't wait!! You look so pregnant, Julie. I'm glad you could finally experience a real pregnancy ;). Please send lots and lots and lots of pictures next week :) I'm praying all goes well and that it is smoother and quicker than last time (but hopefully not as quick as I came out; you don't want a bruised baby). 

I LOVE the easter video the church put out. We've been able to show it to many people and every time I feel the spirit so strong. #BecauseofHim
I hope you all had a very HAPPY EASTER!!! 
We had a great Easter. It was funny because Saturday night Sister P and I wanted to pop in a store and get some easter candy to celebrate Easter. In Ilford there are little convenient shops EVERYWHERE!!! Seriously there are always like 5 right next to each other. So we figured that we could just quick get some during our dinner time. Well, it took most of our dinner time because we couldn't find any anywhere. I guess we didn't really consider that we live in little Middle East and everyone is Muslim so of course there wouldn't be lots of Easter things in shops. But thankfully we were able to find some. And then we got lots of things from members. so that was really fun. 
Sacrament meeting was great, in the best of Ilford ways. Sister Stevenson was giving a talk, but she completely lost her voice so her husband read her talk for her. IT was pretty funny because they are very different in their vernacular and Sister Stevenson stood up there with him and kept making hand motions to try and make it more exciting in the way she would have talked. It was really cute. 
My favourite part was the Sacrament and how much love I felt for Jesus Christ. I thought about how last Easter I was sitting in sacrament meeting in Las Vegas for the last time before my mission. I just am so lucky to be here! I am so lucky to get to teach people about their Saviour and share a message of hope and joy! I am so lucky to get to experience the love that Heavenly Father has for his children! I just felt so much love for the people, especially Ilford ward. They are quirky and often remind me of the many "characters" we had in Sun Valley Ward, but I just love them so so much! And I know that it is going to be so hard for me to leave next transfer. Yup, I'm staying here another transfer! 5 transfers (that's 7 1/2 months!).
 I actually knew a week ago that I would be staying. We talked to President last week and he told us that Sister Pagofie would be going back to the visitors Centre. He said, "I hope you like Ilford because I'm going to ask you to stay another transfer." I love Ilford, so I was fine with it! And It was nice to know before so that I didn't prepare myself to be going and then be staying. And now I know that I'm for sure leaving next transfer so I can start preparing myself now, literally and mentally, especially emotionally. It's going to be so hard to leave this place. I think about how hard it was to leave Gillingham. I still love Gillingham so much. I was really jealous because both the Elders that came to Ilford the same transfer as me are going to... Gillingham District. One is serving in the same ward I was in and one is going to another ward in that District. They are going to love it! 
I am getting an African companion from Manchester, Sister Wen!! Another Brit! I'm so excited!!!!!! I am so so so sad that Sister Pagofie is leaving, but atleast I know I'll get to see her again since she'll be at the Visitors Centre. And I've only heard great things about Sister Wen so I'm very excited! 
We are working with so many great people. We were contacted this week by a woman we had breifly met on the bus one Saturday after football. She was eager to meet with us and we have had two brilliant lessons with her. Her names is Rani (Ronny). She is a Sikh from India, but her father and brother passed away a few years ago and she has really wanted to learn about Christianity and more about life after death. She loves the Book of Mormon already and it was amazing to hear her pray for the first time. She is already building great relationships with the members. I'm so excited to see her progress! She also asked for a Hindi BoM so she can send it to her sister in India!!! She is golden!
We got some great new mormon.org resources so we started our own mini visitors centre in Ilford- thanks to Sister P's VC expertise. We were able to get a couple great new investigators. 
We had a fun time dressing up in appropriate Ilford attire and trying to make some Naan bread (?I think that's how it's spelt). We also made mini German pancakes for Easter. They turned out great! 
We just overall had a stellar week. It's been a brilliant way to end our great two transfers together! I wish I had time to give you all the details, but time is running out! 
I am so grateful for the gospel. I am grateful that God is in charge. He knows us perfectly. He gives us perfectly tailored challenges to help us perfectly grow into the perfect people he knows we have the potential to become. And he also gives us perfectly tailored blessings. I know Jesus Christ is my Saviour! He lives and loves me and He knows me perfectly. 
With transfers and all the changes I love this quote from conference "There are no true endings, Only everlasting beginnings!"  -President Uchtdorf

I love you!!!!! 
Love,
Sister Davis 

P.S. I'll just send lots of pictures to try and sum up our fun, miraculous, brilliant week! 











No comments:

Post a Comment