Thursday, May 22, 2014

I'm walking on Sunshine!

Hello Dear Family!

I am happy to hear you are alive and well (well, minus those who are sick and experiencing the unjoys of allergies). Thanks for the pictures of beautiful Kate. Give her a hug for me!! 
I decided to send you all personal responses instead of doing it in the family  email. 

This week has been GORGEOUS weather! Sunshine and warmth. I love it. And the weather is perfect today. The perfect day for us to go to LONDON! yay. 
sorry I don't have too much time left because the man sitting next to me asked me to help him log off of facebook, then he asked if I was from America; He's from America too. New Jersey. And then I started talking to him about the gospel. He lives on the same street as the church!!! He said he'd be willing to meet with us and rebuild his faith (he comes from a baptist background, but doesn't practice and doesn't really follow God). Hey, look at that! I love the people God places in our paths. We never know when we're going to find those who are prepared and seeking the truth. 
Rose came to church this week!!! She looked like a member. We introduced her to the RS President and she asked which ward she was visiting from. haha. I love when members think our investigators are already members. She was really tired, but I think she enjoyed it anyway. It's so hard to meet with her in the week because she is so busy, but she said she will definitely come to church next week. 
In more interesting news, we found this woman and her daughter to teach. They seemed so accepting of the message. Then the mum told us that she is a prophet. oh boy. I can't tell you how many "prophets" I've met on my mission. And it's interesting because they all talk about the warning to beware of false prophets. It's so sad to see people not understanding the doctrine. She had lots of interesting experiences to share with us. Her daughter is really interested though and hopefully in time we can help the mum to overcome these strange ideas. We're not giving up on them yet. Right after we met them we walked to the bus stop and asked these two older woman how long they had been waiting for the bus. We ended up setting an appointment to go do one of their gardens. I love doing service! Hopefully her heart will be softened and she'll want to know more. Right after we started talking with them I realized we were at the wrong bus stop. We needed the bus on the other side of the road going the other way. I know that God directed us to talk with them and I'm so grateful we did! It's amazing to see the spirit working through us even when we may not initially realise it. 
I'm excited because this week I get to go to Ipswich for an exchange with... SIster Jacobsmeyer!! Yay! That should be fun. And we're having interviews this week! I Love interviews! 

I almost just deleted this letter! That would have been so sad. yikes. I must be more careful. 

I know this church is true. I know that this is the ONLY path we can take that will lead us to exaltation. But I am grateful that we do not walk this path alone. We have our dear older Brother and Saviour next to us every step of the way. We have our family all around us. And the more we invite and share, the many others of our friends, families, and neighbours we will have on this path with us too! 
Read the Book of Mormon everyday! :) I know it's true. And even more than read it; live it! 
I LOVE YOU!!
Love, 
Sister Davis 

P.S. Have lots and lots and lots of fun at the family reunion for me!! Give everyone an extra hug from me! Love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment