Sunday, April 20, 2014

Hiya Fam,
This week has been really fun. I got to go on an exchange to Ipswich. It is in the country. I forgot how much I love the country. I really LOVED it! It was so much fun. They people were lovely (although all English and atheist mostly- I forget what it's like to not be surrounded by African pentecostals and Asian Muslims everywhere). I LOVED the fresh air. Ilford always smells disgusting. really gross, but it makes for fun jokes with Sister P. I still really really love London. So much, but I also love the country. I just love all of England. I will be happy where ever I get moved to next. Which BTW, it's only a 5 week transfer so moves are next week. So Pday will be on Tuesday. I'm probably going to be saying good-bye to Ilford :( But I know wherever the Lord needs me will be the right thing. Ipswich was really great. Lots of walking and some wonderful people and great members. IT was fun to see another area and the Lord helped me to get some answers I was really searching for. I think my favourite part was getting to be junior companion again. It was so stress free. I'm trying to make work in Ilford less stressful. I've been very successful at that this week. And I learned so much from the Sister I was with. She's from Italy. 
We went  and helped at a primary Activity this week. It was so much fun! It was a chocolate easter activity. Very cute ideas and the kids loved it. We were able to get two of our investigators there. They both are from part-member families. They are doing great. It is so fun to teach them. One is Amaya. She is from Sri Lanka. She is 9. She really wants to be baptised but she has swimming Sunday mornings and so she can't come to church. Her mum isn't a member so it's hard to get her to church, but she is trying to switch to a different swimming class. Her dad is a recent convert of about 1 year. Hopefully we can get the mum on board. Another is George. His mum  has been a member for about 2 years. She was born in Cape Verde but then moved to Portugal. His dad didn't give permission when the mum got baptised for George to be baptised. We are hoping for a miracle. He is a great kid. His mum has been pretty less active but we just started teaching them both and they both came to church on Sunday and she bore her testimony!! It was great! 
The Less-active Sri Lankan family with 3 kids had a birthday party for their 5 yr old daughter on Saturday and they invited us. It was really fun. they are such a great family. The Dad is pretty consistent in coming to church but we are really trying to get the mum to come. It is really interesting to see how different cultures and traditions sometimes make it really hard for some people to adapt to the gospel. 
Today we are baking lots of delicious things. Last p-day was really fun too. We went and toured Westminster Abbey. That's where the queen has her coronation and where the royal wedding took place. It was pretty, gorgeous in fact, but the spirit wasn't there like it is in our chapels. 
haha. funny story. The other day someone tried to tell me I was saying Las Vegas wrong. It's not like I would know how to say it since I was born and raised there. haha This person was telling me that it's "Lass Vegas", rather than "Los Vegas?"- (I don't know how to write how we say it other than Las Vegas so I don't know if that makes sense). I didn't realise it was such a huge deal.. People do always think I say I'm from Australia for some reason. haha.  Oh well. 

I have been studying christlike attributes this week. I was reading Knowledge this morning. I love that in the Bible Dictionary the first thing it says is that it is an attribute of God. And that our progression is determined by our knowledge. It's pretty important. And I have always loved how much the christlike attributes are all linked. I haven't read a single scripture where it mentions one of them without mentioning atleast one other; and usually it's multiple together. That's comforting to think that when we focus on improving one, overall we will naturally become more Christlike. 
The gospel is true. Jesus is the Christ. I know that he died for me and that He lives again!! HAPPY EASTER!!!
Love, Sister Davis xx
 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment