Sunday, September 21, 2014

Kon ni chi wa

Hello family!

I think it's so funny that I was scared to get called to Japan and now I am loving getting to live and always be with a lovely Japanese sister. It is so fun to learn the language and the culture.. and ORAGAMI! oh yeah. And she is going to teach me how to make sushi. I'm not a huge sushi fan, but I think that's a super cool thing to know how to make. she is wonderful. She is 27 and grew up in the church but went less active for a few years. She comes from Elder Okuda's mission. So fun to make that connection. she is full of so much faith and courage. I am learning so much from her. We are still working on finding the balance in teaching; she speaks better than I had anticipated, but it is really difficult for her to understand what people are saying and that stresses her out. IT doesn't help that there are lots of people here with funny accents. She is doing well though and we are having fun. I was sick this whole week. I got a bad cold, but I am doing much better now! I think I jinxed it because just a couple weeks before I was telling sister couper that I had been blessed to not really get sick on my mission. But now that I'm better we are working super hard.
We had a wonderful tender mercy. On Friday we had a zone conference call. Our ZLs challenged us to find two new investigators that day. I thought this would be pretty tricky because we had weekly planning (which always takes longer when there is a new companion in the area and when that new companion doesn't understand everything in English) and we had a full day planned. And I was feeling so sick. But we wanted to achieve this goal and so we talked with everyone we could. While we were waiting at the train stations to come home from an appointment we met a lovely Bulgarian woman, Mariana, who wants to meet with us. And she referred her husband (key word: HUSBAND. They are married. This is always a joyful word when getting investigators. and they have a car and drive. Another bonus.)! yay. When we do all we can, the Lord provides! And our mission met our baptism goal for the month of 50 baptisms (we got 56!) hurray!
Other than that our finding efforts have not been as fruitful as we would like, but I know we will see many more miracles this week. We have a great week lined up!

I was reading Helaman 5 this morning. Such a could chapter. I really love these verses:
9 O remember, remember, my sons, the words which king Benjamin spake unto his people; yea, remember that there is no other way nor means whereby man can be saved, only through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ, who shall come; yea, remember that he cometh to redeem the world.  10 And remember also the words which Amulek spake unto Zeezrom, in the city of Ammonihah; for he said unto him that the Lord surely should come to redeem his people, but that he should not come to redeem them in their sins, but to redeem them from their sins.
 11 And he hath power given unto him from the Father to redeem them from their sins because of repentance; therefore he hath sent his angels to declare the tidings of the conditions of repentance, which bringeth unto the power of the Redeemer, unto the salvation of their souls.
 12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

I know with Christ we cannot fall. He is our rock! He is the only sure foundation. I am so grateful to know Him!
I LOVE YOU!!!
Love, Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment