Sunday, September 28, 2014

Blessings will come.

Dear family,

I quote Julie "*Sigh* I love our family". That is literally what I thought after I read your letters. How did I get lucky to be blessed with such a wonderful family? ...even if we have our dysfunctional (is that really how it is spelt-with a Y- or is this another Englishism spelling?) moments ;) I LOVE YOU!

I really am not looking forward to my tag coming off. I realised yesterday that because of General Conference I only have one more sacrament meeting as a missionary. YIKES!

"Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.” -Elder Holland
We truly saw this promised fulfilled this week. Sometimes we just have to be patient, but the blessings do come. We found so many great people this week. I know I don't have time to write about all of them but I'll share some highlights.
We have 3 people on date for baptism now. Two are YSA age young men. We found one of them, Tom, because a friend that he was with had played bball with elders in Portugal a few years ago and had stopped us and Tom was really open. And then Tome invited his other friend, Matthew, to the lesson and they both are really interested and accepted dates. It was brilliant!
Another favourite miracle started a few weeks ago. Sister Ishizawa and I were ponder new ways we could try finding people. There is a huge hospital in our area and all hospitals in England have a church in them. We decided to go and see if we could leave some pamphlets and pass-along cards in the church. They let us and this weekend we got a text from someone saying he had read one of our pamphlets and wanted to know how he could be more involved with the church! He also wanted a copy of "the Mormon bible". We met with him yesterday with a member and were able to give him a copy of The Book of Mormon and set another appointment for this week once he gets out of hospital. Amazing! We are meeting so many wonderful people.
We also have tried some new ways of finding, one being... origami finding. I think it's so fun. Sister Ishizawa was really unsure about it at first, but I think she enjoys getting to share her culture with the people here.
Funny moment: During District meeting we had a training about companionship unity. We went to the car park and had to do a three-legged race as companions carrying a raw egg on a spoon. Afterwards an Elder was telling us there was a certain way you can hold an egg and squeeze it as hard as possible and it won't ever break. Another Elder  was trying and said you could do it another way as well and proceeded to demonstrate. That is when the egg burst open and went all over poor Sister Ishizawa. She was a really good sport about it and it was hilarious.  
Last week we went to Hunstanton Beach (I'll send pics) and today we are going to a place called Holkum Hall with some members and  a less active (or as Sister Ishizawa and I like to call them, Potential-active members). So excited!!
Also, if there is anything specific you want me to bring home with me please let  me know by next week!
Zone Conference is tomorrow too. It's going to be a great week!
I love this gospel. IT is true!!! We get to hear the prophet speak in 2 weeks!!!!

I love you!!!!
Love, Sister Davis 
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment