Sunday, September 28, 2014

I might be addicted to origami.

Hiya Family,

This week we got to attend a BRILLIANT live broadcast from Germany for all the sisters in the Europe area. Some of the seventy and their wives spoke, but the main speakers were Elder Bednar and Elder Ballard. SO GOOD! I loved it! Something that Elder Ballard shared was that we could go out in the world and ask 100 people who God is (which I pretty much do everyday so I can testify to what he says) and they will all have different views: some saying there is no god, some saying he's in the nature, some saying he's within each of us, etc. But if we go into Primary and take 100 Primary children and line them up and ask who God is they will all start singing "I am a child of God". What wonderful truths we are able to KNOW from such a young age. Such a blessing!

I almost went my entire mission without locking the keys in a flat. Well, I decided to break that streak this week and so I decided that when we had our STL Exchange I would leave the keys in the flat right before we needed to catch our train. ok.. so actually I didn't decide any of this, but I did ignore the spirit telling me to grab the extra set of keys we had. I was positive I had put the keys in my bag and we were running a bit late for the train and so I didn't double check my bag like I usually do. whoops. And then it took pretty much our whole day to get into our flat because we had to walk to another building on the other side of town and then when we got to the flat found out they had given us the wrong key. :( But the people there were very nice and one of them had come a few weeks ago to do a flat inspection and was asking how our work was going. I'm confident the Lord will use my mistakes to plant seeds with this woman. She is lovely. And it gave us something to laugh about. The poor sister training leader coming and then not really getting to do any work because we had to get into the flat and that night we had the broadcast and ward council, so it didn't leave much time for actual teaching, but it was good anyway.
And the broadcast really was so good. It made me so excited for General Conference. I forgot my notebook now so I'll have to send you thoughts from the broadcast another time.
We had a cool experience with a referral this week. We had gotten it from this person's neighbour whilst we were tracting. Usually neighbour referrals are not the most solid and we had already tried by a few times with no luck. As we were trying for what we had planned to be the last time, a car pulled into the drive. It was the man that lived there. Turns out he used to live near London and had been taught with his sister. He hadn't been too interested at the time, but his sister had gotten baptised. He is really strong in his CofE church, but he wants to meet with us and learn what is so unique about our message. Can't wait! And he's Nigerian. awesome. I haven't taught an African in so long.

We have an investigator named Andrew. We met him a few weeks ago and he had missed the appointment but then we happened to run into him again. We've had some great appointments with him and he is really reading the Book of Mormon and taking notes. Unfortunately, he's not praying about it in the same way that he's reading it, but hopefully he will. He is facing many challenges and the gospel is exactly what he needs. It's hard to help him realise it when he won't just take our word for it. I am convinced that God is preparing him. AFter our last lesson with him he said we should leave it for a couple weeks, but then the next day we ran into him at the bus station. And he said we could meet with him this week. His heart is being softened.

Yesterday we had a great step-in with a Lithuanian YSA girl. She says she's agnostic and was hesitant for a return appointment, but she happily accepted the Book of Mormon. And she was fine with us praying. AFter we said the prayer she said it was really nice. And she gave us her number so we can follow-up with her reading. I love the spirit and simple moments like that that confirm God's love for all of his children.

Sister Ishizawa's English is getting better and I think she's learning to not be so hard on herself, which is good. It's crazy how similar her and I are. But we are having lots of fun. She is so hilarious.
I love the gospel and love that I am blessed with a testimony of it! It is so true!! I know it!!
I love you!!!!
Love, Sister Davis 













No comments:

Post a Comment