Sunday, September 21, 2014

ONE MONTH

Dear Family,

This is it. In one month I will get to see all of you! It is unreal. Time to keep running to the finish line. THank you for your support and prayers and for your fabulous emails. You don't know how very much they mean to me.

We've seen many wonderful small, tender mercies of the Lord this week (so Linda, your subject was very appropriate). It has been a very, very hard week. I'm grateful for the small miracles that keep me going even when everything else seems to fall through. The golden family from the bus stop decided to stop meeting with us. We had a great final lesson with just the father. the member that came with us was perfect and the father is really interested and open, but I think because his wife is not he does not want to continue meeting with us on his own. But he has the Book of Mormon and said he would read it. And he has sent us a few texts in the week so not all ties are cut. The member that met them with us at the bus stop baked them a cake since she couldn't come to the lesson (so nice!) Hopefully that helped to soften their hearts as well. I have faith that in time they will know the truth of what we share and it will bless them so much.
We've seen many small miracles of being at the right place at the right time. We had an appointment to see a LA, but when we went she wasn't there. The next day we were in the same area and our plans had fallen through (the morning actually was absolutely crazy with taking a wrong bus and missing the bus we needed and then not being able to communicate this to the investigator to explain because she doesn't speak much English so she just hung up), so we decided to try the LA again. She was in a really low point. Her son passed away not too long ago and she's really been struggling, but this day was particularly bad. I know God sent us to her in just the time she needed it. We've also just happen to keep running into people at the right time. I know it's not coincidences, but God's work.
Even though we haven't seen the success we have wanted, I know that in God's eyes we are successful because I can feel the spirit working through us. It is disappointing when we've been praying to get people on date for baptism and find those prepared and we can't seem to find people that are willing to even be taught, but I know that God is seeing our efforts and they will be rewarded. in His way. And in His time. #bysmallandsimplethingsaregreatthingsbroughttopass
Sister Ishizawa is really struggling with the language. Please keep her in your prayers. She's been a bit down about it this week. And I'm not very good at knowing how to help. Ican't even imagine how she is feeling. But I learn so much from her courage and faith.  

I'm grateful for answered prayers and for the peace that comes from my Heavenly Father in the times I need it most. So many things said in testimony meeting yesterday were just for me. And then President Jordan's letter to us this week was another reminder that God works through others to answer my prayers and speak to me. I know He is mindful of each one of us.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!
Love,
Sister Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment