Sunday, April 13, 2014

Covenants, Commandments, Charity, and Covenants

Dear Family, 

I cannot wait to start hearing about all of your PMG insights ;) Thanks to those who have already started to share.

I LOVED conference. I always do. We got to watch the Saturday morning (which was Saturday night here- it still is so weird to think about that) at a members home with one of our investigators. It was so fun to be in someone's home. Sister P and I made sure it was a proper conference and brought all the snacks, complete with peanut m&ms. We also finally got to see the Womans general meeting on Saturday night. I loved it. It made me cry and miss you all, but they did a brilliant job. Being a woman in the church is the best! We got to see every session of conference except the last one. I really just noticed how every single person mentioned covenants. And obedience to the commandments and charity seemed a huge focus as well. I just like to think of it as the Conference of C's. I also loved how all the personal testimonies in the first session mentioned priesthood keys. That really is so important. We have all the truth in this church. And we have the power and authority from God. That is a huge deal.This is a miraculous gospel! WE must live it with joy and with courage! And we must share it with others in the same way!
The one year celebration was great. We ended up not going to Nando's because the Elders didn't want to, but they wanted to go to a carvery because they could eat more for less. I was really happy with that though because it was very English for our one year celebration in England. A carvery is where you can go and get a limited amount of meat but unlimited sides of roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots, yorkshire puddings, peas, etc. A proper roast dinner but unlimited. It was delicious and so filling and a really good price! IT was fun. 
The work is still going really well, but we are really struggling to get our investigators to progress. We get lots of new investigators, but overtime they become very non-committal. Even Salma, who was progressing so well, has really started to digress. She had almost completely given up smoking and now is back up to smoking lots and really struggling to give it up. It is so sad because we can REALLY tell the difference when she has been smoking. it changes her so much. It is a bit frustrating to know what will help her the most, but then to see her not choose to do those things. But I'm sure Heavenly Father sometimes feels the same way with me. He knows what is best and if we just trust him and follow him we will get to see and feel all the glorious blessings that come. But sometimes the natural man just gets in the way. But I'm so grateful to know that Jesus Christ is there to help me and strengthen me. 
Read the Book of Mormon everyday. It will get a man nearer to God than any other book. I just finished reading it with the mission. I love it. I know it is the word of God. I love you all and pray for you. Thank you for being who you are and for desiring to follow our Saviour. It is the only true path to happiness. I'm glad we're on this path together. 
Love, Sister Davis 

P.S. london pday today!! So excited! :) I can't believe I'm a missionary and I'm in London!!! It's brilliant! :)
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment