Sunday, December 15, 2013

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Dear Family!
Thanks for taking all the cold weather. It's still cold here, but not as cold as everyone keeps saying it's suppose to be so I suppose that it all headed to you guys.
Man Satan really is sneaky. Hassan still has such strong faith, but he got really sick this week and so we haven't been able to see him at all and then some work things came up so we haven't taught him for about 2 weeks. :( So he won't be able to be baptized on the 15th, but we are seeing him this week and working out a new schedule so we can teach him everything and get him baptized this month. He's so great! Since he's been sick he went on mormon.org and has been doing skype with some other missionaries. Apparently one of them is from Vegas! I didn't recognize the name, but I thought it was fun anyway.
We got a great new investigator this week, Suzana. We had a solid first lesson with her. AFter we taught the first vision she said, "Wow, there were two of them." She comes from a catholic background, but she quickly accepted what we know to be the truth about the nature of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and them being two separate beings. We gave her a baptism date. We were suppose to have a lesson with her the next day but she hosed us. And she wouldn't answer our calls or texts. We were pretty bummed. But then we had a member who asked us to try and bring an investigator to dinner. We thought we might as well try Suzana. The worst things that could happen is she doesn't pick up... but she did!! And she came to dinner and loved it and got on really well with the members! It was lovely. We had a really great lesson.
We started reading the Book of Mormon as a mission. We are all going to read it from the 6th of December and finish on the 6th of April. We are focusing on the commandments and associated blessings. I was almost finished with the Book of Mormon, but I restarted anyway. It's great. I love the Book of Mormon. It truly is an amazing book and really is the word of God. How blessed we are to have it!
We got to bake and decorate Christmas sugar cookies this week with a member for the ward Christmas party! That was fun! The ward Christmas party was good, but sadly some of the investigators we were hoping could come ended up not being able to:( They had asked us missionaries to do a funny skit for it. We had a pretty solid idea, but then last minute the Elders decided they didn't want to do it and we had to change everything.... it was interesting. Hopefully the ward enjoyed it.
Did I tell you one of our investigators taps? We took her to a dinner appointment with us and while we were washing up her and I just started tap dancing together. So fun! I miss that! Tell Ronda that I am putting to use all those great things she taught me!
London last week was AMAZING! I am serving in the best place ever... and for more reasons than just the touristy sites. I'll send some pictures.
Tomorrow we are going to Hyde Park to hear from Elder Dykes of the 70. Should be good. I am really looking forward to it.
I am looking forward to getting to see all of you via skype soon!! I can't believe it's already almost Christmas! What time would be the best for me to skype?? Then I can work out with members whose house I can go to at that time.
What a wonderful time of the year where we get to celebrate the birth of the Savior and what a great time to share this great news with our friends and neighbors! I'm so grateful for the unique opportunity to share this wonderful message at this time!!
I love you all!!!
Love, Sister Davis






No comments:

Post a Comment