Sunday, December 29, 2013

Happy Bloomin' Boxing Day :)


Dear Family, 
I liked your subject mom, so I stole it :)
It was BRILLIANT to see all of you yesterday! We have the best family ever. I love you all so much!!! And I am so happy to hear about how the Lord is blessing all of you! I know He loves you even more than I do (which is impossible to comprehend). 
As I was thinking about your questions about things unique to an English Christmas, I came up with a couple things. Not many, but here they are:
Christmas crackers, you pull them apart and they pop. Inside is a little tissue paper hat/crown, some stickers, and a corny joke. 
Mince pies. These little pastry pies filled with mince. "That doesn't thrill me at all"
At 3 pm on Christmas, everyone watches the Queen's speech. It's about 5 minutes long. 
Christmas pudding (which I did try. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but the member said that she had made it lighter than it normally is.)

This is such a wonderful time of the year. I am so grateful for my Savior and for the love that we can feel from him and the love that we can offer to others. Thank you so much for sending the book of Christmas stories. I love Christmas stories. They really help to bring the spirit of Christ. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior. I love him. I love knowing that because of him I can become clean, I can improve, and I can be with those I love forever. This gospel is true. It is the best! I know it. I live it. I LOVE IT!!!

We have seen so many miracles this week and met so many prepared people. Just to update you on Hassan, he won't be getting baptized soon. President says he needs to wait until he chooses a date for himself and is REALLY solid in his testimony because once he does join, he will face so much opposition, especially from his family. But Hassan is carrying on strong and continues to exercise great faith! I know he will get baptized one day. 

I'll share one of my favorite miracles from the week: We went to see our 11- yr old investigator, Anais. Her mum has always been there when we have taught but isn't always concentrated on what we are teaching and usually gets distracted and comes in and out of the room and doesn't really like to be involved at all in the lessons.  She has a really hard time believing in Jesus Christ, but loves Christmas. We've been praying to really help her feel the true spirit of Christmas we were reading the Book of Mormon with her daughter, who has a very strong testimony and clear understanding of Jesus Christ, in Helaman 14 about Samuel's prophesy of the coming of Christ. Like normal,  her mom just sat on the side listening, not involved at all, yet not as distracted as normal. It started with her daughter sharing her beliefs about Jesus Christ and how she believes everyone needs to believe in him because he came and sacrificed his life for them. Sister Stoja and I both bore our testimonies of who Jesus Christ is. Then we asked her mother how she was feeling about who Jesus Christ is. It was amazing to see how she was touched by the spirit. She didn't claim a sudden belief in Christ, but she said that she could understand what we believed and see we were really passionate about it. She said she could tell that we really believed in him. We then shared with her that it was something she could know for herself; she said that for the first time she had understood that as she had been listening. We then sang some Christmas Carols with them. IT was amazing the spirit that was in there home. The mother said that she had never had Christmas carols sung in her home before but thanked us and said how nice it was. It was a wonderful experience and definitely an answer to our prayers. 

We still haven't gotten our call about moves, but I'll try and email again once we find out! Happy Traveling! Give all the family my love!

I love you all!!!! 
Love, Sister Davis xoxoxox


Moves Calls news:

Sister Stoja and I are staying!!!!! Whoo!! 
Still in Ilford. It's going to be a great transfer! 

I love you all!!! 
Love, Sister Davis 

No comments:

Post a Comment