Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Magical Land of Milton Keynes

Dear Family,
 
So, first of all I don't even know where to start. I'll start with the area. I love Milton Keynes. I will be so sad to leave in 9 days. I love how much more country it is out here and I love that it's lots more British people. IT's much slower and people are so much more nice. The ward is lovely. We are teaching so many wonderful people and have seen so many miracles. The people here have so much potential. I'm so grateful for the little time I have to serve here and also to help strengthen the area for when the new sister comes. Sister Maurer is getting a brand new Japanese sister from the MTC (she had to stay longer for language study- Sister Maurer is pretty nervous about it). 
Second. I LOVE my companions. And really, I LOVE being in a trio. I will be sad when it goes back to just two of us. Sister Ellsworth is wonderful. She came into the mission the same time as me but from the Provo MTC because she is a VC sister. She grew up in Wisconsin, but then her family moved to Draper, UT. She is the same age as me.She is super healthy, which is great. She can help me lose all my weight from Ilford. She is really easy going and takes the work seriously, but also makes sure we have lots of fun. She is a great teacher and I learn a lot from her during lessons. 
Sister Maurer is from Switzerland! Yeah! I'm excited to have a Swiss companion for a little bit. She is HILARIOUS! She is so European and just is blunt and always says what is on her mind. So funny! She's been out 8 months and has been in Milton Keynes just 1 transfer but she did a great job taking over the area and she will be a great trainer. She's 22. We all get along so well and have lots of fun!! Sister Ellsworth and I are sad we will have to be leaving soon, but we also get so excited when we start talking about what we want to do to get the work going in Stevenage. It will kind of be like opening a new area/white washing. It's hard to explain, but basically we are pretty sure that Elders took over the Sisters past work and so we'll be starting from scratch. IT will also be very interesting because there are two sets of Elders in the stevenage ward and then us and we will be our own district.
There is a really funny investigator we have named Prudy (short for Prudence). She is 9 and her mum is a less active; she also has autism. She talks so loud and draws out her words. But the best part is her prayers. She is so serious when she prays, but the way she goes about it is so funny. She always talk about all the animals and the bugs, even the poisonous ones. It's so hard to explain over an email what it like but it always is a fun lesson and keeps us light-hearted.
Even though there are lots of British people, there are also lots of Ghanaians. We are teaching lots of them (Prudy's family is Ghanaian). This one Ghanaian woman named Doris has three children. The oldest one, Lily has a mental disorder (not quite sure what it is) but is the sweetest girl ever. She will pray and is always very loving. We sang I am a child of God with the yesterday and she sang along. The spirit was so strong and really touched my heart.
This week I have really learned the importance and power of testifying. Whenever you talk with others about the gospel, ALWAYS make sure to share your testimony, even if it is just something as simple as saying "I know this is true." That is when the spirit can testify. That is what will help people have the desire to change. The spirit is amazing!
I love being a missionary! I love this work!! I love you all!!!
Love, Sister Davis 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment