Sunday, June 8, 2014

Grand Adventures Ahead!!

Dear Familia, 

Hey, We had Stake Conference this weekend too!! It was brilliant. I really love the Stake Presidency here in the Romford Stake. They have a very special spirit. One of the counsellors, who is in Ilford Ward (and American), reminds me a lot of Dad. Both his talks seemed like talks Dad would give. The first was about anchors. and then his one on Sunday was about.. canyoneering! He went canyoneering with his daughter to celebrate her graduating from BYU. They were jumping down waterfalls as part of it and he ended up breaking his back because he did something wrong on the last waterfall, he didn't stay straight. And to clarify, it didn't make me think of Dad just because it involved back issues. But I do hope your back is doing ok, Dad. He related his experience to covenants. He talked about the two step process. 1. Making covenants and 2. Keeping covenants.  We must  step 1. Enter in to the gate and 2. stay on the strait and narrow path. It's hard to fully explain but it was great. It also was very missionary focused. Saturday night we had our golden referral, Rose, come. She really enjoyed it and was able to meet President and Sister Jordan. Then she gave us a lift home because it turns out she lives just a street away from us. She really is starting to open up to us. I am really sad that I won't be able to continue to see her progression. 

It has been hard to say goodbye to everyone, but it also just feels so right. It was really hard to say goodbye to Amarjeet because he got really, really sad that I'm leaving. I think he just thought that since I had been here so long and gone through companions he didn't really think about how I would one day be going. I'm so grateful that I could see his growth in the gospel. Everyone has been so kind. I have more chocolate and goodies that I will ever be able to eat from everyone, but it is so touching to see everyone's love. The people here in Ilford really do love the missionaries. I'm so grateful I have had the opportunity to serve here. 

Although it's always sad to leave an area, I am so excited for the new adventures ahead. For the next two weeks I will be in a trio in Milton Keynes(Northampton district where I started my mission!!), then Sister Ellsworth (who will be in the trio) and I will leave to white wash Stevenage. The other sister in the trio will stay and train a new sister that will be coming in. Sister Ellsworth is a VC sister and is in my MTC group. Sister P told me lots of good things about her so I am really excited to serve with her! I am so excited! IT will be so fun. White washing will be something new and different, but I know we will see so many miracles! 
A sister from Switzerland is coming to Ilford. She speaks French and Sister Wen and I have been meeting lots of French people so it is perfect! She will love it here! 
Missionary work is the best. 
Miracle story: Sunday morning Sister Wen and I were running around our house looking for the keys so we could leave for Stake Conference. We couldn't find them anywhere. I opened the front door just to see what the weather was like so I would have an idea of which coat/jacket to take. And what do you know... the keys were still in the door from when we came in the night before. I know that God is watching over us. he will protect us and keep us safe! 
I can't wait to share with you all the wonderful things about my new area and new companions! 
The church is true!!! I love you all!!! 
Love, 
Sister Davis 

No comments:

Post a Comment