Sunday, June 22, 2014

Change of Plans.... I'm in King's Lynn

Dear Family, 
Wow. This has been a crazy and unexpected week! I thought that this next week I would be opening Stevenage with Sister Ellsworth. Instead I'm whitewashing King's Lynn with Sister Couper. So the fantastic trio was living it up in Milton Keynes when Thursday morning was met with a call from President Jordan. I tried to convince him to let us stay in Milton Keynes in our trio for the rest of the transfer. He had a different idea and said he needed me to go to King's Lynn immediately for an emergency transfer. He called at 11 and I was on my way to King's Lynn by 2. A senior couple from the office came with the mission van and drove me to King's Lynn-- the northest part of our mission; It's in Norfolk. It was a day full of lots of mixed feelings. I was so gutted to be leaving the trio and especially to not get the rest of the transfer with Sister Ellsworth or to open Stevenage. President said he really needed me to go to King's Lynn and I'm grateful that he can trust me enough to send me wherever I am needed. It was cool to get to drive here in the mission van because I got to see so much of the country. It's kind of a crazy situation in King's Lynn. I don't want to share too much about it, but basically the sister that was here had some feelings for a member and he for her. It's a good thing that President found out about it when he did because lots of the members knew something was going on between them and some of the less-actives and investigators too. So most people know why I got sent here, but we will build their trust in us as missionaries, who are here for the right reasons and who are fully focused on the work and wanting to help the ward. Sister Couper had only been here a week when the change happened so both of us are just trying to figure out what is going on and it's basically like we are whitewashing because we know very few members and are having to work out a teaching pool. IT's kind of stressful, but I have had very strong confirmations from the spirit that this is where the Lord needs me to be. My first morning here in King's Lynn I was reading 1 Nephi 9. Verse 6 just really hit me. The Lord knew I would be coming here to King's Lynn. It is His work. "It is not the work of God that is frustrated, but the work of men" (D&C 3:3). I know we will see so many miracles here in King's Lynn. 
So to tell you a little bit about this place: it is so country. and so different from London. I don't even know how to talk with people here. But it is so beautiful!! There is lots of English and also lots of Lithuanians. I've always wanted to serve in Norwich and now I'm in Norwich Zone. The Lord has interesting ways of blessings us. My companion is SIster Couper. I am really sad to not be with Sister Ellsworth and Sister Maurer, but Sister Couper is great. She is half Australian and half Columbian (interesting mix huh?) but she is great. ANd I've always thought it would be cool to have a south American companion, so I guess the Lord is really just trying to grant my desires. Also I have told her that she has to teach me the first vision in espanol. Maybe now I can finally learn to speak Spanish. Maybe. But Linda, don't freak out. Guess where Sister Couper lived for 6 months??? Ok, you'll probably never guess: Cajamarca, PEru!!! cool, huh?! She has been on her mission almost 5 months. We aren't really sure what to be doing here, but we're going forward with faith and having lots of fun along the way. And Sister Couper just got transfered from Gillingham (she was only there one transfer), but that immediately gave us lots to talk about. I really am excited to see all the miracles the Lord has prepared for us here. It's going to be great!! 

I hope you are all enjoying the nice weather. It's gotten pretty chilly here. Maybe it's just that I'm more up north and near the cost. 
I love you all. The church is true. HEavenly Father knows each one of us perfectly. His plan for us is perfect. If we trust in Him we will never fail!! 
Love, 
Sister Davis xoxox

P.S. My new address atleast for the next 5 weeks is:
Flat D East Anglia House
19 Blackfriars Road
King's Lynn
Norfolk
PE30 1NU 

No comments:

Post a Comment