Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dear Family, 
Mom, Neli's baptism ended up not happening. The bishops felt it would be better for her to wait so she can get to know more of Stratford ward. We were really stressed about how she would react and how it would all work out. We had a big lesson with us, the Stratford Elders, Stratford member, and our district leader and his companion. It was amazing how the spirit just guided the lesson. And although at first she had been really against even attending Stratford ward, she said she could see why the bishop had made that decision and she thought it would be best too! Miracle! I know she'll get baptised soon. 
Time is going by real fast. I think it's 2 weeks till moves.
Well, we said goodbye to Sister Latham last night and now she has left on a jet plane to the good ole USofA. She's going to be great and she will love it! She was so excited to go. It was sad to say goodbye but it also just felt right. Sister P and I just feel that she was so ready to go. It's weird to just have two of use now. But sister P is wonderful and we have lots of fun. We are really close and can talk about anything and everything. I love that. Yesterday when we took Sister Latham to Hyde Park we needed to get some supplies. We are all out of English copies of the Book of Mormon. We figured we would just get a whole box (the come in boxes of 40). We carried it to the tube station (about 10 minute walk away). It was pretty heavy but not too bad. But once we got to the tube station we remembered that Sister Latham had one of the Elder's oyster cards (hers was stolen out of her coat pocket during church! so we used theirs to get to London). So we got to walk all the way back with the box of Book of Mormons. ONly to get to walk back to the tube station again. haha. It was really heavy, but we definitely worked our biceps. And now we can give the whole world copies of the Book of Mormon (and they are the new addition which is really exciting. I like it!). 
The weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately. I think Spring is coming and winter just might be over. I survived!! Last winter lasted till the end of March/beg of April, but it sure has been nice lately. I'm taking it as a huge blessing. 
Since Sister Stoja left I feel like I have become a serious Albanian magnet. We meet so many Albanians. Thankfully I learned some Albanian with her. We are teaching this Albanian couple, Teuta and Sokol, english. They are lovely. It is really fun! 
The Elders in our ward had a baptism on Saturday for a 10 year old girl. I went and played the piano for them (I am grateful for that talent more and more everyday. I do wish I had been better at practising, but I have improved a bit on my mission..not at practising but at playing.) Well, the girl got too nervous to be baptised. I felt so bad for her. We went in and talked with her and tried to calm her down. She was just really upset and we found out it was because she wanted her dad to baptise her but he couldn't because he's not active in the church (although he is a member; he baptised her older brothers). That must be so hard. Hopefully she will feel brave enough to be baptised soon. Thank you dad for being a worthy priesthood holder. 
I am learning more and more about the importance of daily feeding our spirits. Daily prayer and scripture study really do make all the difference. Thank you Mom and Dad for making that a tradition in our home! 
In interviews with President this week, he talked with Sister P and I about working more with the members and helping them. Lately the work seems to be going nowhere no matter how hard we work. I know it's because we need to do things in the Lord's way and that is through the members. Our ward seems to be really suffering right now. So we are really focusing our efforts on strengthening the ward and helping them to be converted themselves so then they will have a desire to share this glorious gospel with others. We do have a few people in the ward who are just fabulous, like our Bishop and Relief Society president, but I think they are getting worn out because they really have to do so much. Any suggestions on how to work with the ward and the members more?
I love the gospel. I love my Heavenly Father and my Saviour and I love all of you!!! 
Love, 
Sister Davis xoxox

 There was a fox in our garden the other morning. And this morning on our run we walked RIGHT next to a swan. SO COOL! I wish I would have had my camera with me!







 The latest Book of Mormon musical ad. This is what we see everyday all over London!



No comments:

Post a Comment