Sunday, October 6, 2013

We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet

Dear Family,
Can you believe this week marks my 6 months?! It is going by much too fast, but I am so grateful everyday for inspired leaders and the opportunity the Lord has given me to devote myself to full-time service. It is hard to believe it was a year ago that President Monson made the announcement that has completely changed my life and is completely changing the world. I am so excited for GEneral Conference!!!!!! HOpefully we will be able to get many people there. However, sadly because of the time difference I won't be able to see all of the session. Hopefully, it will work to be able to see all but the last session. We haven't seen the RS broadcast but they are broadcasting it this week. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Shayla is still doing amazing. She is integrating into the ward really well. She went to institute this week and really enjoyed it. They are just starting the Book of Mormon course so it will be perfect for her! The miracle man in the library is doing really well. His name is Lakota. HE accepted a baptismal date in November!! It would have been sooner but he is going on holiday for 2 weeks to Germany. We had taught him Word of Wisdom in our first lesson and when we went back he had already given up tea completely and was cutting down on coffee. So wonderful!! We had this other amazing investigator, Carla, who was getting so excited to be prepared for baptism, but sadly one of her friends sad some negative things about our church that Carla took as her answer that it wasn't true. I was devastated! It is so sad to see people blinded by the craftiness of men and fail to understand the happiness that their loving Heavenly Father so desperately wants for them. Hopefully in time her heart will be softened.
This week truly has been full of miracles and we have met so many amazing people!
Sacrament Meeting was absolutely wonderful! IT was the primary program. Other than General Conference I think it is my favorite Sunday of the year. There is just such a sweet spirit about seeing and hearing the children bear testimony of sweet, simple gospel truths. Our bishop and his wife have been working closely with their friends who have three children. They were able to come on Sunday and two of their children that were old enough were able to participate in the program. THey are definitely going to join the church one day. They are such a wonderful family! And it was a really sweet experience to see a once less-active man and his recently baptized son pass the sacrament. Sister Greenfield and I had been teaching the son, but then passed him to the elders because we felt that it would help him relate with the priesthood more. He was baptized a couple weeks ago and received the priesthood last Sunday. We are still teaching his younger sister (who's 10), but her dad who was originally hesitant for her to be baptized is eager for her to be able to be baptized as well. So hopefully in a couple weeks she will be baptized as well. It is amazing to see the growth this family has made. In general on Sunday it was just a really sweet experience to see the growth the ward has made since I've been here and to be able to see how I've been able to be an instrument in the hand of the Lord in making it happen. I felt it was the perfect Sunday to be my possible last. The Lord definitely knows what is best. We received a call last night. I will be..... staying in Gillingham! Sister Som is leaving to Romford and I am getting Sister Larson here. I think that she just finished her 12-week training. I honestly was pretty shocked that I am staying here; I had SIster Som all prepped to take over the area, but I think she is relieved to not be in that situation. By the end of this transfer I will have been here for 6 months. I am really happy though because I just absolutely love the people. The ward is fantastic and we are working with so many wonderful people. When the Lord decides it is finally the time for me to go somewhere else it will be really hard to leave. I'm excited to see the miracles that will happen this next transfer. This is truly the Lord's work and He is doing things in His way:perfectly. I know this church is true; that it is God's kingdom on the Earth. I know that through the prophet Joseph Smith the priesthood, the power and authority of God, was restored to the Earth. I am grateful for the saving ordinances it allows us to perform, the sweet covenants it allows us to make. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It was written for our day and I come to love it more and more every single day.
Enjoy listening to a prophet's voice this weekend! (Don't forget to come prepared with questions and prepared to receive personal revelation :))
I love you all!!
Love, Sister Davis
 
"We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ.The Bible sits on the pulpit of hundreds of different religious sects. The Book of Mormon, the record of Joseph, verifies and clarifies the Bible. It removes stumbling blocks, it restores many plain and precious things. We testify that when used together, the Bible and the Book of Mormon confound false doctrines, lay down contentions, and establish peace. (See 2 Ne. 3:12.) We do not have to prove the Book of Mormon is true. The book is its own proof. All we need to do is read it and declare it! The Book of Mormon is not on trial—the people of the world, including the members of the Church, are on trial as to what they will do with this second witness for Christ."- President Ezra Taft Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment