Sunday, October 13, 2013

So we had an emergency transfer this week.
I'm going to......
 
 
HOGWARTS!! ;)
 
 
I got to go to Platform 9 3/4!!! HOw cool is that?! 



Dear Family,
Don't worry; I'm not dead. Sorry that I didn't get to write yesterday. We had an all day sisters training conference in London. It was wonderful and so uplifting. Between watching the RS Broadcast, the first three sessions of Conference, and the Sisters Training, I am all super spiritually recharged! What a wonderful past few days!! Conference truly was AMAZING! I LOVED all the focus of member missionary work. Sister Larson and I are so excited to start really working with our members and helping them get fired up about missionary work and fulfilling the call the prophet has given to them. Way to go on making a family mission plan. I'd love to hear more details about it! So many people commented about President Eyring's talk and for the life of me I can't remember what he talked on. I'll have to look at my notes when I get back to the flat. I think with all the broadcasts and trainings and everything it's all just blended into one. I do know that I LOVED President Monson's talk at the Relief Society Broadcast and I loved the focus of covenants. It is always interesting to see the theme of Conferences. Aside from the last session (since it was too late here for us to watch it), it seemed covenants, missionary work, and enduring (truly living the gospel, handling challenges with faith, repenting, and making and keeping covenants) seemed the big themes. It does make it seem like the second coming is getting closer and closer. How wonderful that we get to be a part of this great work!! Also, the missionaries from Central London after conference are in my mission; I know them!!! The one from New Zealand is one of our AP's. all wonderful missionaries! I must say watching Conference as a missionary is a bit of a different experience. So many things people said I was thinking, "if only ____ was watching this." or "this is just for ____" or "I hope that _____ is watching this and feeling the spirit of this particular message" But of course, I was blessed to get lots out of it for myself as well. What a wonderful blessing to have living prophets and apostles! I don't know how anyone could watch conference and doubt this wonderful good news of the restored gospel. It's so true!!! And Conference just brings the perfect spirit of it!
 Sister Larson really is so great! She is from Fruit Heights, Utah. She knows our cousin, Mark! They went to school together!! How fun! She has the same laugh as Megan. IT's awesome! And we laugh a lot, which is so great! She's only been out three months, but I feel like she is re-training me. She's so wonderful. And she has some great ideas about helping our ward become more enthusiastic about missionary work. She also is a cosmotologist. Free haircuts!! Which is awesome because on transfer day I really wanted to go get my hair trimmed because it is driving me NUTS. We didn't have time though with visiting people and getting Sister Som packed. Then what do you know, I get a companion who cuts hair. I was so excited when she told me (especially because hair cuts here are pretty pricy... and that's even just having them cut it dry-they have dry cuts and wet cuts and the wet cuts are ridiculously much). Since we were in London yesterday for pday I haven't been able to get it cut yet, but I WILL get it cut next week.
We saw a fox this week! It was awesome. People are always saying they are everywhere in England and I finally got to see one.
We had a crazy Ward council this week. It was like WWIII. It was over Home teaching (which I heard the priesthood session talked a bit about.). Our ward has been saying the HT list is going to be re-done and updated ever since I got here and keep promising that it will be done by the next ward council. Well, 4.5 months later with me still here, it still isn't done. Our RS President wasn't too happy about it. And the Elders Quorum wasn't at the meeting to help sort anything out. Hopefully by the next ward council it will be done or else I don't envy the person who has to tell our RS President. I can understand her frustration because so many sisters are struggling to stay active and having Home teachers who can bring the spirit to the home can make such a difference. Hopefully as we continue to work with the ward as well, we can help.
Lakota is doing pretty well. His mom fell this past week and so he had to go and help her and we weren't able to visit him :( But we are suppose to be seeing him today. Hopefully it goes well!!
We also have the daughter of a less active , Missy, who is suppose to be baptized in a couple weeks. Her father's heart is finally softened to the idea (his son was just baptized a few weeks ago). And he is really excited for her, but now her mom is not happy with it. Please pray that her mom's heart will be softened and that she can get baptized!!
So we went and taught Lakota and he is doing great! He will go on holiday this week, but he is excited to continue to read the Book of Mormon and he really wants to come to church once he gets back!
I am so thankful for this wonderful gospel. I know that it has been restored in it's fulness. I know we have a living prophet today, Thomas S. Monson. He speaks for God. He holds the power of God. I have been called and set apart with that power. For that, I am so eternally grateful!
I love you all!!!!!!!!
Love, Sister Davis xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment