Thursday, June 27, 2013

This is the Lord's Work

Dear Family,
I have had to continually remind myself this week that this is the Lord's work. Sam left and so we can't see him anymore, Justin refuses to stay for all of church and keeps cancelling all our appointments, and an almost baptism now can't happen because the person that could have got baptized didn't come to church yesterday :( But I know that this is the Lord's work and that he will provide a way for all of his children. As long as I am doing my best and working my the spirit, then it is up to the Lord and up to the people to choose for themselves. I know that it was Satan's plan to deprive us of our agency and I am trying to put off the desire of wanting to take away people's agency. haha.  But really, if they could just trust that the things we ask them to do will benefit them so much!!! Oh well; Agency is a crucial part of the plan and I know that people can choose for themselves. I can only help them so far, but they have to want it for themselves. Sister Greenfield and I think that with all our investigators starting to drop off it's the Lord's way of allowing us to work more with the members. With have both felt that we needed to work more with them, but we always had so many lessons that there wasn't tons of time to visit members, but I guess the Lord is providing a way. And really, I could not be more grateful for the members we have in this ward. You don't need to be worried because they take care of us very well. Our relief society president is the greatest! We are having an Open House this weekend with the other ward in our chapel. Pray that it will be a success! Hopefully it will be! Return missionaries, what are some things that you saw on your mission that were successful with working with members? And to anyone and everyone, what ways do you feel missionaries could better help you in your missionary work? What do you wish they would teach or do for you to help you do missionary work?
We had interviews and zone meeting with President Jordan this week. SO GOOD! He talked about the atonement. I'll try and do a hand written letter about it, because I think I'll be able to explain and visualize some things better that way. On a side note, President Jordan's voice sometimes reminds me of the man who reads the Peacegiver. :) 
We did not get to see the broadcast because of the time difference (it was broadcast 11pm our time). But President and Sister Jordan watched it and they conferenced called the entire mission this morning to tell us about it and said that they will arrange for all of us to view it. It is crazy that internet will be more involved. But when President Jordan was telling us of the new changes announced, the spirit confirmed that it is inspired of the Lord and the way the work needs to move forward. I loved something Sister Jordan said as well. She said the Lord knew that we would all be on our missions at the time, and therefore he knew that he could trust us to not abuse this priviledge. It is so comforting to know how much the Lord trusts me and the other missionaries and I am so grateful to be a part of the work in this great time when the work is being hastened. IT truly is amazing! Thank you mom for sharing all those thoughts. I look forward to getting to see the broadcast myself.
Jessie did tell me her call is coming this week! Crazy! I can't wait to hear where she is going! How many missionaries will that make from our ward? 5?! That's awesome!
Also, way to offer atleast 3 desserts to the missionaries. I'm sure they loved it! Some of the many desserts we had at the Hawkins were Bannoffee pie (SO GOOD!!!!), brownies, cookies, caramel bars, homemade eclairs, lemon cheesecake bars, ice cream, etc. 
 Well, we are off to Canterbury today! Hopefully that will be fun!
I'll leave you with a verse that I read in my personal study this morning. I've been studying the allegory of the olive trees in Jacob 5. This morning I read verse 75 and I really liked it. As we  are diligent in serving in the Lord's kingdom and strive to follow him, we can have joy with Him.
And a thought from Sacrament Meeting yesterday: "Satan is real, but God's power will always be greater" How comforting to know whose side we are on  :)
I love you all!!
Love,
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment