Monday, June 17, 2013

I'm Grateful for my Fathers

Dear Family,
Happy Father's Day, Dad! I had a card ready for you last week, but with Elder Ballard coming, I didn't get a chance to post it, so sorry that it will be late. I hope you had a fabulous day and know how much you are appreciated! In the ward yesterday, all the Primary children got up and sang, but they also each went up and said why they love their dads. It was a nice moment to reflect on the wonderful Father I have been blessed with and how grateful I am for you. Thank you! And it made me really appreciate the knowledge I have of my Heavenly Father and my relationship with Him. I am so glad that I can share that knowledge with others and help them to develop that personal relationship. It makes such a difference.
Robert, We haven't been given specific guidelines on who we can and can't talk to. Since our area covers several towns(I think that's what you would call them): Rochester, Strood, Chatham, and Gillingham. We live in Gillingham and the Elders live in Chatham so we mostly just stay in our areas. And since we just got Elders here this transfer, we just carried on teaching those we were already teaching, but passed them a few in Chatham. Interestingly enough, most of our investigators are male, but we have good members that are usually really good to come teaching with us.
This week has been a little up and down. Sam is still doing great! Meeting with him always just brightens my day because I can literally see the gospel lighting up his life. He will have a long way to go to baptism, especially with giving up smoking, but he is working towards it and as long as he keeps doing the simple things (CPR- church, pray, read; and meeting with us) he will get there. We also are teaching this Nigerian (there are TONS of Nigerians here), Justin. He had a baptismal date for the 22nd but we are going to have to push it back. He is getting there though. We met with him Saturday and the members we took with us were AMAZING!! And he says he believes it's true!!!! HE just is hesitant because he doesn't want to leave his church he's at now and all his friends. He's getting closer though. Please pray for him. He really is amazing. He takes notes during church and always comes looking so 'smart' (British lingo for nice/handsome/dressed up). He is great! Then yesterday every single appointment we had fell through. It ended up ok because all the members that were suppose to be coming with us ended up not being able to come anyway. Luckily we were still able to meet with a couple investigators and a recent convert. It turned out pretty good and I guess there was other things the Lord needed us to do. It was just strange for everything to fall through. Luckily it is the Lord's work and we don't need to worry about the why of things as long as we are following the spirit.
We had a dinner appointment this week that made me miss you all so much. They have like 9 kids and they just know how to have a fun time and there was lots of laughs. Thank you for all the fun memories around the dinner table! The best part was Sister Hawkins had made 7 desserts!!! 7 desserts! Luckily, Sister Greenfield had prepped me for this dinner appointment so I knew not to eat too much earlier in the day and to go easy with the main course. I tried all but 2. They were amazing! And of course there was plenty of ice cream to go around (no 3 gallon tubs though). So yummy! And we've been running hard every morning to still work it off. haha.
Do you think you can send me the talk Elder Ballard gave at the CES fireside about faith and knowing the Lord's will? Hopefully you know what I'm talking about.
And Linda, you mentioned in one of your past letters about sending visuals. If you can send those you showed me before I left that would be great. I thought I had put them in with my stuff but I obviously didn't. And any others that you think might be useful. Thanks :)
This work is great and is truly the Lord's work. IT is a work of miracles!
 I love you all so much and am so grateful for your love and support. Thank you!
Love,
Sister Davis







 

No comments:

Post a Comment