Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Livin' the London Life

Dear Family,
Hopefully I can get this all in because I only have 30 minutes so thanks for not writing to long of letters ;). First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICHARD!! I can't believe you're going to be 18. It's crazy to think that you would be old enouigh to go on your mission this summer. I'll try to be as good of a missionary as I can since you can't be out here. Love you! 
Dad- I did notice the HUGE focus on obedience in conference and know how vital that is to me being a successful missionary. I'm trying to be as obedient as I can. I'm sad that I didn't get to hear Elder Holland. I'm assuming he talked the last session. That was the only one we didn't get to see. Way to take Richard to Conference! I'm glad that went well. It's about time he go now that he's almost 18 :)
Kristi- I'm glad you enjoyed Orff and how exciting that you are signed up for middle school.
Linda- I was so excited when Elder Anderson shared the wilford woodruf story and I knew you guys would be excited too! Keep up a good attitude about work. I know it's a lot and some of it is so frustrating but attitude makes all the difference. You'll be great. I'll definitely send some blessing points your way for UNLV.
Jimmy- keep biking lots and having a good attitude.
Robert and Claire- Congratulations on graduating! Good luck hanging in until the end. And congrats on the job, Robert.
Mom- We leave the MTC next wednesday. So idk how that will work with p-days. Hopefully I'll get to write once I get to London. We are going to the temple this afternoon!!!! CAN'T WAIT!! This is our only P-day here though so I'll only get to go once, but that's better than nothing. I am doing well and haven't been sick at all. I was able to have an appetite on the flights over here and kept it ever since. the food is amazing!! We've had so many different things. I'm pretty sure I've gained some weight because it's so good, but I also have been eating lots because I know that I need it. And you can be proud, I've taken my vitamins everyday! :)
So I love the spirit of the MTC. It's amazing to be here and really understand my purpose as a missionary. I have the best companion! Sister Clark from Glendora, CA. She has so many similary mannerisms to Mary Ditto. She is just what I needed and we've been able to help eachother through  a lot. I'll be honest there are some really challenging things to face here at the MTC. It's a constant rollercoaster of emotions, but the past couple of days the Lord has taught me so much about what's really important and that I need to not be so hard on myself. At first I think I was having too high of expectations for myself and then felt frustrated that I wasn't being the best missionary, but I'm understanding that it's a process and I just have to do the very best I can right now and that is all the Lord asks and will make up the rest. Sister Clark and I have also learned to just laugh at the bad and awkward moments in our lessons with "investigators". That's been good. Yesterday we had a MARVELOUS experience with feeling what' sit's like to teach by the spirit. It was amazing!! And I love my district. They are amazing!
I am running out of time, but just know that the gospel is true! I lvoe the work that I am doing and all that I've been able to learn!! I love you all so much! And I miss you but I know I am where the Lord needs me!!
Thank you for the prayers! Thank you for being the amazing people that you are!! I will be the best missionary I can be and can't wait to bless those people the Lord has prepared for me!!
Wish I had more time, but I love you so much!!!
 
Love, Sister Davis
 
So President Edwards told us we could have more time. yay! And this time I realized which email you were talking about was wrong Dad so I fixed it this time. Sorry about that.
So here are some pictures of the MTC. The first one in front of the temple is from the very first day. The next is with Sis Clark, my comp, in front on the MTC and then one of our district who I LOVE!!
Enjoy :) Love you


 
Hey again fam,
So since there wasn't a line up for the computers, Pres. Edwards said we can write longer yaya!! Because I was feeling really rushed before and didn't have enough time to tell you all the wonderful things. I know I can't tell you everything. But there are 60 missionaries here total. Most going to London or London South. They are all great!! We have the best teacher, Sister Loynes, from Dublin, Ireland. She has the best accent and is a wonderful teacher.
I was also going to tell you, Mom that every meal I've been getting salad. Funny, because I always was saying that I didn't like having salad all the time and now that there are other options I still have salad every meal. So I guess I like it more than I thought and it makes me feel more at home :) It is crazy how long the days feel here. One day feels like several. It's amazing how when you are working for the Lord, he gives you time to complete everything you need to (like this bonus of getting to write you more!) I'll be sending a hand written letter today too with more details so keep an eye out for that and then let me know how long it takes mail to get there. Conference was amazing! Like I said, we didn't get to watch the last session but the rest was wonderful. I really loved the focus on missionary work and obedience. It was nice to be reminded of the many promises that the Lord gives his missionaries. It was really weird though when we watch the morning session because we watched them live, but it was dinner time here. That was really weird. I didn't have any jet lag problems at all, but it's weird to think of what the time is back home and what it is here. crazy! When I'm getting up you're going to bed. Like I said I've been healthy and happy and doing great. I feel like I have everything I need. There are a few things I wish I would have brought. Like I forgot those vitamin C and other chewy things but that's not vital. I just want to do everything I can to stay healthy and not get sick. I also wish I would have brought more shirts and different colors, but I should have enough to get me through. Especially here at the MTC because we can do laundry whenever. And it's hard now because we're inside most the day and most of my shirts I have left are longsleeved, but I should be fine. There was something else I thought would have been nice, but I can't even remember now. So no worries, I have everything I need! Sorry if my thoughts seemed so scattered and if I didn't answer all your questions. Writing emails is hard because there is so much I want you to know but I can't type fast enough. So Linda I now can understand why you didn't have the time to understand my awesome email from when you were out ;) I'll work on typing faster and organizing my ideas better. I loved hearing the total of missionaries from President Monson and knowing I was one of them!! Thank you for your emails. They really reminded me to find the joy in everything. Even just from reading them this morning it has already made me so much happier (and I thought I was being plenty happy before) so just imagine how happy and smiley I am now. I love it!! I'll try and make every moment fun and work! Thank you for your support and love! I really couldn't ask for a better family! I am able to be a good missionary and work hard because of all of you!
Love you lots!
Sister Davis
P.S. Congrats to Padilla (thanks Mom for making sure I found out) and Congrats to Jessica (that was a shock) and yay Megan!! So happy you got the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment