Sunday, July 20, 2014

By small and simple things are great things brought to pass

Hello Family,
Well, in transfer news... I am staying in King's Lynn with Sister Couper. We figured we would both stay so no shock there. We are getting another set of Elders though! That will be fun! One of the assistants just got released and is coming to King's Lynn to open the area and train. This week has been a bit up and down. We may not quite be seeing the results we would hope for, but Heavenly Father is really opening my eyes to his tender mercies. I'm learning to really be grateful for the little things. Just yesterday we had this woman be so rude to us. We simply asked her how she was doing and she went off about how rude we were because we're missionaries and how dare we stop her and try and talk with her on her way home from work. I think I would have been really mad normally but I was really just confused at how she thought we were being rude and needed to learn some manners. The more I thought about it, the sadder it made me that she get so upset that we love her enough to stop and try and share something that is really special to us and that could really bless her-- maybe she just had a bad day at work. This was near to the end of a day with a lot of rejection. I'm not happy that she got so upset with us or perhaps misinterpreted our approach, but after that I was really able to appreciate all the kind people or those that would even just smile at us, even though they weren't interested. It really showed me why we need opposition in all things. Even down to the rude people to help us appreciate those that are kind. I don't think I would have appreciated the kind people as much if it weren't for that woman.
Also a great experience came just today when I opened my email. I can't remember if I told you that Sister Couper served in Gillingham before she came to King's Lynn. I of course asked her about everyone there. When I asked about Shayla, she said she didn't know her and didn't remember seeing anyone like her at church. She was only there one transfer but I still thought she should know Shayla. Even before I had this conversation with Sister Couper, I thought I should send Shayla a picture from her baptism and write her a letter. I sent it awhile ago and hadn't heard anything from her. I was getting ready to email Shayla today when I saw I had an email from her. She said she had stopped going to church for awhile and was thinking about whether or not she should go back when she got my letter. She decided to contact the missionaries go back and really enjoyed Church this last Sunday. What a blessing from God! I am so happy that she decided to go back.
We have gotten quite a share of rain this week. On Thursday we had a STL exchange with the sisters in Ipswich. I was going to Ipswich and S. Jacobsmeyer was coming to King's Lynn. Because we live out in the country, train tickets are a lot cheaper if you buy them early and on-line. So we had bought our tickets and I wrote my confirmation code in my planner. Then late Wednesday night I realised my planner was missing. I figured out the only place I could have left it was at the church when we were there earlier that day, but we didn't have enough time to go get it before we needed to be home. We thought we could wake up a little early on Thursday and for exercise run to the church to get it. No problem. We woke up and it was a little drizzly but nothing too bad. We started off and by the time we got to the church we were dripping wet; it was absolutely pouring. Thankfully my planner was there. transportation is not like London so there were no buses running that early. S. Couper was worn out from running there so we just walked home as fast we could (which took longer than we had planned for). We got so soaked. Our shoes were filled with water and it was just pouring rain the whole time. I'm sure we were quite the sight. Dripping wet, with no jackets or brollies. haha. It was fun though and made for good memories. And I got my tickets fine and had a great, dry day in Ipswich while S. Couper and S. Jacobsmeyer got poured on the ENTIRE day. English weather is the best!
Last p-day we went to the queens estate where she goes for Christmas, Sandringham. So cool. We didn't get to go in and look around because we didn't have time, but the grounds are very nice. Hopefully this transfer we can go inside and look around!
Katie's family is doing well. We took the perfect member with us last week. Now we just need to work on getting them to church (which is difficult because there are so many of them and they don't have a car.  But I know God will help us!!
The church is true. The spirit is real.
I love you all!!!!!!!
Love, Sister Davis xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment