Saturday, July 5, 2014

Because I'm Happy!!! (yup, I finally heard this song... apparently it's President's favourite so the mission is making a music video for him)

Hiya Family!

 To answer your questions, King's Lynn isn't too big, just a fairly small town, but there are lots of other little towns we take buses out too. So it's annoying because it's lots of travel time, but we can't really do any travel finding, because there aren't many people on the buses and it's too far to walk. 20 gospel conversations haven't been going to well; SIster Couper was pretty sick this week and so we spent a lot of time inside. I made a lot of phonecalls, so I guess in that sense I talked with a LOT of people. Not as much success as I would have hoped, but she's doing better now so hopefully this next week will be better as far as finding and teaching.
Really mum, the people are so different here. Yesterday we contacted this referral. At first she seemed so good with lots of potential. Then she started saying how she was older than all the religions that have ever existed and that time had no holding for her; she kept saying we would never guess how old she was, but she wouldn't tell us how old, just that she was older than everything.  And she kept talking about how she wanted to run outside naked, but society wouldn't allow that (thankfully!!). It was so strange.But there are great people too. We met a Lithuanian yesterday that reminds me so much of Justina, except she is married!! Yay for marriage! Justina is still struggling with getting her ex-partner to move out . And we met another family with the cutest kids. The mum has been to the church before about 20 years ago and was pretty open. She is busy, but hopefully we can see her more. The kids kept asking when we would come back! I love kids.
The weather has been so crazy. Sunny one second, down-pouring rain the next. As a result of this we did the silliest thing to do in England: left our flat with no rainjacket or brolly (umbrella). Well, we got to the appointment dry but when we came out it was pouring and we had to wait for the bus. We got soaking!!!!! It was fun though.
Some fun things from the week: a swap shop for relief society. I got some nice new clothes to spice up my tiring wardrobe. yay! On Saturday we had a family history day. The mayor of King's Lynn came so I got to meet him. That was fun! It wasn't as successful as I was hoping, but it was still a decent turn out. I got to do some indexing. I forgot how much fun that is. Are you participating in the indexing day on July 20-21?
I really love the zone I'm in. We have fabulous zone leaders, Elder Nolan (from England) and Elder David (from Utah). They are great. My first day in this area they called and sang to me and they are just really great as showing they care and really want to help us. I think they are the best zls I've had my whole mission. And the DL is great too. We had zone meeting this week and it really was so amazing. I feel really united with the missionaries in this zone and we are all just trying to do our best and build the kingdom. We set a goal for 14 baptisms in the zone in the month of july (that would be more than any zone has ever gotten in the mission). We are going to see so many miracles!  Zone Conference is tomorrow. Since we're so far north we go to Ipswich rather than Hyde PArk. That will be a first for me, but I'm looking forward to it. I don't think I've mentioned yet, but an Elder serving in King's Lynn, Elder Imlay, is from Boulder City. He knows the Mays. He took Rachel to a dance. Small world. It's been fun to have some Nevada pride moments and reminisce about Vegas.

Joke of the week: What is the difference between England and tea?

Answer: tea can stay in the cup longer.
Hahaha. Good ole World Cup humor. I heard the US is out :( Sad day. But we found out we get to watch the Finals if we can get a member to record it and then we can watch in the next day!

In other news, I had a fried mars bar this week. I was disappointed. I don't know if it was because it was too greasy for me or if I just wasn't really hungry when I had it...

As a zone we are reading all of PMG in the month of July. 7 pages a day. We started today and I've already gotten so many new things out of it. We also did this activity to teach the entire first lesson in one minute using a scripture. We practiced with our companions and then they asked who did it. I had so they made me get up and do it in front of everyone. It was fun. Sister Couper and I have been practising doing it with other lessons.

Yesterday in Gospel Principles, the Elders were teaching about the pre-mortal life. They talked about how when we were there it wasn't called the pre-mortal life or pre-existence; it was called Home. I really liked that. We are just away from Home, working our way to get back home with our Father and with the rest of our family.

The church is true. I know it. I live it. I love it! It brings so much happiness!!!!
I love you all!!!
Happy 4th of July!!! HAve fun at Grandma's. I'm sad it's the last Hyrum trip. Enjoy it for me :)


Love, Sister DAvis xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment