Monday, August 5, 2013

Oh What a Beautiful Morning!

Dearest Family,
The weather has been much better this week, but I am trying to enjoy the heat because I know that soon I will be complaining of the cold (but when it is cold, I bought some delicious dark hot chocolate! )
Our ward finally watched some of the broadcast (S. Greenfield and I watched all of it last pday. So good!!!) HOpefully it will get our ward more motivated to share the gospel with their friends. IT's so true that our efforts as missionaries are meager without the help of the ward. We have kind of seen that this week. So much of our ward is on holiday (vacation) or going to se ethe British pageant that we have very few feeding us(don't worry, we feed ourselves fine) and few member lessons, no one teaching with us, etc. And I honestly think it is showing in the success of the work, but we press on and have seen the Lord blessing us for our efforts. WE found an amazingly prepared girl in her 20's, Shayla. She is amazing. She has no religious background but said that recently she really has wanted to build faith in God. She was asking what all she can do to build a relationship with god, what commandments she needs to keep, and what things she should be doing between appointments!! Amazing! We just pray that she will overcome the opposition that may come!
The very austere couple, Reginald and Kitty, dropped us this week. It was very sad because we could tell that Reginald knew that what we were sharing is really good, but he claims he is too old to change his views. One day. Maybe not in this life, but I know he will accept the gospel. They were so nice about dropping us though. They gave us a very nice donation for the church and gave us presents! A big box of ferrero chocolates!!!! Wow! Don't worry I'll enjoy some for all of you! And Sister Greenfield decided this week that she's giving up chocolate for the rest of her mission (crazy, I couldn't do it), but so she gave me the rest of her box as well! I may get fat from all that chocolate, but I couldn't let it go to waste.
However, even when people don't make it to baptism or choose not to learn more, I still love seeing how much their hearts have softened just from the little time we have spent with them. The spirit really does work on people and change them.
Yesterday while we were tracting, SIster Greenfield started asking me about spiritual experiences I had had. It was so wonderful to share with eachother all these wonderful experiences. It really helped me to be more enthusiastic, even when many people turned us away. And it made me so thankful for all of you, especially Mom and Dad. Thank you for raising me in the gospel and thank you for creating so many opportunities for me to learn and feel the spirit!
The longer I am out here (can you believe it's been 4 months?!) the more I LOVE the Book of Mormon. I loved it before, but I love it even more now! I am going through and marking every reference to Jesus Christ (Mom, I think you said you just finished doing this, right?). It's amazing! The Book of Mormon truly does testify of Christ and it really is written for our day! I'm so grateful that Joseph Smith knelt down and prayed and asked God which church was true and that he had enough faith and obedience to be called as the prophet of the restoration. I'm grateful for the priesthood that was able to be restored to the earth and the wonderful blessings that come as we can make sacred covenants with our Father in Heaven. I know this gospel is true, that this is Christ's church on the earth, and that as we apply the gospel in our lives we can have immense JOY!
I love you all so very much!!!!
Love, Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment